Arrested Development Season 5 unlikely

by Ben Salter Featured 8 Comments 7 Votes 1627 Views 26/02/2013 Back to News

Arrested Development's upcoming 14 episode fourth season is likely to be its last.

Netflix, who is releasing all episodes on the same day in May, has only signed a contract for one season and expects it to be a one-off, reports The Wrap.

With the main cast having busy schedules, the fourth season had to be designed to be filmed around their availability.

Star Jason Bateman has previously suggested the show could continue with a movie, following the Netflix season.

By Ben Salter

Link to us http://tv.mmgn.com/News/arrested-development-season-5-unlikely
Next Air Date: 01 May 2013
Register or Login to vote for this article.
Alternatively, connect with Facebook or Twitter.
Facebook Connect Twitter Login

Arrested Development Season 5 unlikely Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I'm entering this next season with caution. It's either going to be mind-blowingly good or it will suck so bad that I will wish the Bluths never came back.

If it's the former, then we will picket the internets for more seasons god damn it! I imagine if it nets Netflix a boatload of cash then they will jump at the chance of signing them on for another season.

Heller said: I'm entering this next season with caution. It's either going to be mind-blowingly good or it will suck so bad that I will wish the Bluths never came back.
If it's the former, then we will picket the internets for more seasons god damn it! I imagine if it nets Netflix a boatload of cash then they will jump at the chance of signing them on for another season.



How does Netflix get bucketloads of cash though?

Are there ads? Or do they measure if just by if there's a massive increase in subscribers just before the episodes come out?

Or is the money from selling it to other networks?

Heller said:I imagine if it nets Netflix a boatload of cash then they will jump at the chance of signing them on for another season.

It'll be interesting to see how this and House of Cards go. Netflix don't make any money from original content, it is just a way of keeping or attracting subscribers. As the producers of House of Cards have said they have no way of tracking a shows success... Netflix just says it is doing good or bad. And they determine that by the number of times an ep has been streamed. They have no way of determining if they are getting revenue from it, unless of course they have a huge influx of members.

It is an interesting experiment from Netflix, I really hope it works because House of Cards is pretty much the best show I've seen in years.
I'm sure they get a bunch of money from ads. If 9457348238472395 more people jump on to watch AD, then Netflix reaps the rewards.

In terms of selling to other networks, surely they would have worked out some kind of deal which will have them swimming in cash.

Milky said:

Heller said:I imagine if it nets Netflix a boatload of cash then they will jump at the chance of signing them on for another season.

It'll be interesting to see how this and House of Cards go. Netflix don't make any money from original content, it is just a way of keeping or attracting subscribers. As the producers of House of Cards have said they have no way of tracking a shows success... Netflix just says it is doing good or bad. And they determine that by the number of times an ep has been streamed. They have no way of determining if they are getting revenue from it, unless of course they have a huge influx of members.
It is an interesting experiment from Netflix, I really hope it works because House of Cards is pretty much the best show I've seen in years.



It's very interesting, because it's very much the future of TV.

Streaming and being able to watch it all close together. One episode per week over 5-6 months is out.

But is that profitable at all? It screws TV stations.

Imagine if Channel 7 fast-tracked (lol) House of Cards and started airing it a week after the US. They'd think that's pretty good, when the season is in essence already over in the US, despite said fast tracking.
Netflix doesn't have ads though. It makes its money purely from subscriptions. The only ads it has is on the free-trial version. Unless this has changed recently? I know they were avoiding ads for a long long time.

From what I understand, Netflix won't be on-selling their original programming. It is purely theirs and theirs only. At least at the moment anyway, if they get a huge offer to air in a country Netflix is not available in then they'd probably take it. But Netflix have a pretty big world-wide reach now, don't they? (legit question)

This is why it is so interesting. Netflix are mega rich and rake in tons of money, but House of Cards costs $100 million a season and they have no definite way of giving value to it... unless they get a huge influx of subscribers at launch.

I can't wait to see if they continue though, they have been giving show runners 100% freedom to do what they want. It is amazing. I realllllllyyyyyy want this succeed and work.
Australia is one of the few Western countries without Netflix right?

Ben said: Australia is one of the few Western countries without Netflix right?



Among other things.

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

TV Content

How I Met Your Dad – Thoughts?
17/11/2013 Polls 13 31
Australian TV networks want main channels in HD
Gryllis 6 days News 8 11
Netflix Australia confirms House of Cards for launch
Gryllis 23/02 News 6 7
A gamers guide to spending Valentine’s Day alone
Jayden27 12/02 Articles 11 12
Rabbids Invasion is coming to Australian F2A TV

Rabbids Invasion is coming to Australian F2A TV

Gryllis 04/02 News 1 5
Disney content confirmed for Netflix Australia launch

Disney content confirmed for Netflix Australia launch

Gryllis 02/02 News 0 5
Disney

Disney's show about an injured teen eSports star

Gryllis 27/01 News 3 5
Year in review: The stories that mattered in 2014

Year in review: The stories that mattered in 2014

Tano 29/12 Articles 2 8

Community Content

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

12/01/2015 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Bad games that sold really well

Armige 2 hours ago
Username

BishHenin shared a story - Isbarah 

BishHenin 5 hours ago
Username

BishHenin is now Level 6!

BishHenin 5 hours ago
Username

Zinker posted a news - First Steam VR game is a Simulator

Zinker 8 hours ago
Username

Matrix6, Blob, Zinker commented on The Order: 1886 is Australia's most popular game

Matrix6 8 hours ago
Username

commented on Bad games that sold really well

Zinker 9 hours ago
Username

commented on GTA V PC screenshots show detail and refinements

Zinker 9 hours ago